If you depend on your iPhone or iPad for almost everything, right from contacts to e-mail addresses, important dates and more, you should definitely get into the habit of taking regular backups. In case, your device is damaged, stolen or replaced with a new device, you’re going to have a tough time restoring all your data. But if you’ve already backed up your data, you need not worry as it will all be available in one place. If you have no idea about how to backup your iPhone or iPad, here’s how you can do it…
How to Backup with iCloud
1. Open Settings on your iPhone or iPad
2. Tap your Apple ID at the top of the screen
3. Tap iCloud
4. Tap iCloud Backup
5. Scroll down and turn on the iCloud Backup option
6. Once you turn it on, you will see a pop-up that reads, “Start iCloud Backup’. Tap OK.
iCloud will attempt to start a backup of your data every 24 hours, as long as your iPhone or iPad is connected to Wi-Fi.
How to Backup Using iTunes
1. Open iTunes on the Mac or PC that you used to back up your device.
2. Connect your device to your computer with a USB cable.
3. Select your iPhone or iPad when it appears in iTunes.
4. Under the Backups section, click ‘This Computer’
5. Next, click ‘Back Up Now’ and wait for the backup time to finish.